About the Program
Artists-in-Schools is one of the community's longest running programs and has served hundreds of thousands of people of all ages over the last 30 years. Artists-in-Schools links professional artists and arts groups not only with K-12 schools, but also parks and recreation centers, senior facilities, correctional facilities, hospitals, libraries, other community centers, as well as private sector businesses, organizations and individuals. Artist services may include performances, lectures, workshops, master classes, readings and multi-disciplinary experiences. The Artists-in-Schools experience is intended to complement, rather than replace, existing arts education programs by:
- enabling teachers to integrate the arts with other academic subjects while directly addressing state and district content standards
- enabling teachers to use local arts resources and give participants firsthand contact with practicing arts professionals
- allowing sites to provide participants with a broad range of arts experiences.
It's Easy to Book an Artists-in-Schools Artist!
- Browse the Artists-in-Schools Directory to find the artist you wish to book
- Complete your request online by selecting an artist from our Directory, or download a printable request form.
- Receive confirmation in the mail
- The artist you request will contact you to discuss details of what you want and expect
- Enjoy the experience!
- Pay the invoice you receive in the mail from Artists-in-Schools
For full program policies and guidelines, and to learn how artists can join the Artists-in-Schools roster, click here.
Artists-in-Schools residencies are designed to provide an in-depth arts-based educational experience. Residencies may last a full day, several days, or longer. In addition to the programs listed in the Artists-in-Schools Directory, our artists are happy to work with schools to design extended programs that will give students an intensive interaction with the arts. Learn more about how to structure a residency program here.
Sign Up For Our Mailing List
Join our mailing list to stay informed about what's new with the artists on the Artist-in-Schools roster, and receive updates on special opportunities regarding the program.
Artists-in-Schools is financially assisted by the Franklin County Board of Commissioners, the Greater Columbus Arts Council, and the Puffin Foundation.